A simple holiday is all about being intentional, with the activities you do, with the things you buy, and with the people you spend it with. It’s about valuing who and what you spend your time on.
15 Simple Things
Sometimes, the holiday season is seriously harder than it need be. It’s easy to get distracted and caught up in the holiday frenzy. There is a short list that helps me keep my mind and perspective where it needs to be. I hope this short list encourages you too.
Angel Chernoff — Marc & Angel Hack Life
1. I think as you grow older and wiser, your holiday gift wish list gets smaller and smaller, because the things you really want and need— time, genuine relationships, meaningful work, and peace of mind— can’t be bought.
2. It’s not your presents that matter, it’s your presence that matters.
3. It’s not what’s under the Christmas tree that matters, it’s who’s around it…
Courtney Carver — Be More With Less
4. Just because everything is crazy around you, doesn’t mean it has to be crazy within you.
Krista O’Reilly-Davi-Digui — A life In progress
5. You’re allowed to opt out of the hustle and frenzy and say yes to a simple Christmas.
Melissa Camara Wilkins — Melissa Camara Wilkins
6. You don’t have to be more or buy more to make it more meaningful.
Rachelle Crawford — Abundant Life With Less
7. Loosening my grip on traditions has helped me pick up a giant cup of grace and enjoy each season for what it is, not what it’s supposed to be.
Rachel Jonat — The Minimalist Mom
8. Reminder: we don’t have to continue holiday traditions that leave us broke, overwhelmed and stressed out.
9. Thought: If we don’t know what to get each other for gifts— maybe we shouldn’t exchange gifts?
10. Clutter is chaos. It’s a suffocating presence that robs us of peace and joy.
11. When you have more than enough, build a longer table, not a higher fence.
Zoë Kim — Raising Simple
12. When kids are overwhelmed by the chaos and clutter, it’s our job to help them simplify
13. Imagine your dream holiday. I bet it’s not filled with debt, stress, and overwhelm.
14. Never let a holiday bring you to the point where you’re going into debt just to show them you love them.
15. With gratitude in your heart, it doesn’t matter what’s under the tree.
It’s never too early to plan for a simple holiday.